The Freed Law Firm: 35 Years of Business & Legal Experience
Marc David Freed has over three decades of experience and acquired skill in business and corporate law, intellectual property protection, real estate law and estate planning. Based in Aptos, California, his practice serves all of Silicon Valley, including Los Gatos, Saratoga and Campbell, as well as Santa Cruz, Soquel, Aptos and Watsonville.
He completed his legal education with a Juris Doctor from Harvard University in 1977. He passed the California bar exam that summer, and has been in practice ever since.
He holds active memberships in many professional associations, including the American Bar Association, the bar associations of both Santa Clara and Santa Cruz Counties, and the Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Law Association.
A Reputation for Professional Service & Personal Attention
Marc has the capacity to work on behalf of local clients, as well clients based around the United States, and overseas. Over the years, he has assisted many clients, from small businesses to large multinational corporations, with their business and corporate law needs. From filing basic corporate documents, to creating licensing programs, to multimillion-dollar reorganizations, to drafting estate plans, Marc brings a knowledgeable and holistic approach to his clients? problems.
Marc started his career as an associate attorney with a San Francisco general practice business firm. He next became an associate and then a partner at a boutique intellectual property firm in Silicon Valley. In that role, he also served as general counsel to several clients in the technology sector and advised them on the legal aspects of start-up formation and financing issues and a wide range of operational and licensing matters, as well as corporate mergers, reorganizations, acquisitions and sales. He was also active in the administrative and management side of the law firm, giving him invaluable practical business experience.
Throughout the years, Marc?has achieved a great deal of success for his clients. He has completed hundreds of?business entity formations, asset sales and sales of securities involving from hundreds of thousands of dollars to over $100,000,000, and over 100 real estate syndications. These formations and transactions ranged from the ordinary and simple to the very sophisticated and complex. Marc?s estate planning practice is highly efficient and has provided valuable guidance to estates ranging in size from tens of thousands of dollars to more than $5,000,000. Be it large or small, he has the skill and experience to thoroughly evaluate your legal matter and develop a winning strategy.
Marc prides himself on offering his clients:
- Personal attention. The Freed Law Firm works with you to provide legal solutions to fit your specific needs and circumstances. We are dedicated to providing personal service to a limited client base. We strive to keep you informed about the progress of your legal matter.
- Availability. Our firm takes pride in being available to our clients as they require. We can communicate with you while out of the office and are willing to arrange flexible consultation hours, when necessary. We also visit your home or business if that is more convenient for you, and do not normally charge for travel time.
- High-quality services. We are well versed in both simple and complex legal transactions and matters. We have served clients of many sizes engaged in a variety of businesses, giving us the experience needed to provide our clients with the quality legal services provided by much larger firms.
- Cost-effective, affordable services. We were formed to provide clients with the quality service of a large firm, but to do so at costs that are fair and reasonable. We serve a limited client base and keep costs and overhead low.
- Real-world solutions. The Freed Law Firm knows what it takes for a legal solution to work in the real world and strives to provide innovative and unconventional solutions for your legal problem, regardless of its complexity. We endeavor to communicate in English, not legalese or jargon.
Contact The Freed Law Firm for Legal Expertise Today
At The Freed Law Firm, we firmly believe that the key to legal success is working?vigorously on behalf of our clients and being responsive when they need us. Marc is always available to answer your legal questions; he can be reached at (831) 661-0300 or (408) 354-7403. We look forward to working with you.