San Jose Business Attorney
Reliable Advice for Every Stage of Business Operations
The Freed Law Firm, established in Silicon Valley in 1999, has thrived amidst the area’s entrepreneurial, high-tech industries. The San Jose and Santa Cruz areas are hubs of innovation and cutting edge companies that need experienced and skilled legal counsel. If you are looking for a savvy and experienced Silicon Valley or Santa Cruz business attorney, you have come to the right place. Marc can assist with any business matter, from entity selection and formation, to business operations and development, to protection and licensing of your intellectual property, to the sale of your business. We are here to help you realize the success of which you have dreamed. We can also assist you with real estate and estate planning matters.
Business and Corporate Law
Whether you are finally ready to implement that great idea you have had for years, or you are ready to sell your business to a larger company, Marc Freed can help. In the modern business environment, starting a company can be fraught with peril if you are not well prepared. Marc Freed can advise you on all of the necessary legal requirements.
- Business plans
- Business formations (choice of entity and formation of corporations, LLCs and partnerships)
- Capitalization/securities law compliance
- Terms and condition of sale and purchase
- Employment contracts and benefit plans
- Employee stock option and purchase plans
- Stock purchase and sale agreements
- Formation and operation of non-profits
With proper planning and advice, you can ensure that your new business is properly structured and that you are well prepared to cope with the challenges of the marketplace. The Freed Law Firm can help you effectively organize your business and keep it on track.
If you already have a successful business model and are ready to take the next step, Marc Freed can evaluate your situation and answer any questions you may have. The Freed Law Firm has accumulated more than three decades of working knowledge in business law. Marc Freed knows how to make the most of your business’ assets and strengths.
Whether you would like to expand, diversify or sell your business, you need an experienced, local San Jose business attorney to help. The Freed Law Firm can help with all of the following:
- Securing loans, capital and other methods of financing
- Drafting and negotiating contracts such as employment agreements, terms and conditions of sale, and purchase, sales representative agreements and distribution agreements
- Corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, and sales of assets
- Stock purchase agreements, and sales of securities
- International business activities such as foreign licensing agreements, import and export documents, and regulatory compliance
Intellectual Property Law
In the information technology and creative sectors, knowledge is power. From hardware to software, businesses must be vigilant to threats that would diminish the value of their intellectual property. It is essential that you protect that property from competitors and maximize the return produced by your innovations. As a San Jose business lawyer, Marc Freed can help with any of the following:
- Technology transfers and licensing agreements: products are usually not valuable unless somebody else can use them. We will help you make sure that you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled when somebody else uses your creation.
- Trademarks and service marks, copyrights and confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements: we can help ensure that your products are protected while you are developing or manufacturing them and when they are marketed.
- Cease and desist letters: if you learn that somebody is wrongfully using your information and products or otherwise violating your rights, we will help you put a stop to it.
Real Estate and Estate Planning
San Jose business attorney Marc Freed can also assist you with real estate transactions, be it a lease of offices or a building for your business, the purchase of an commercial, industrial or multi unit residential building, a Section 1031 exchange or a syndication of a real estate investment opportunity. The Freed Law Firm can also assist you with your estate planning needs. Whether drafting a will or setting up a trust to manage assets for your descendants, Marc Freed can help.
Contact a San Jose Business Attorney
If you need an experienced and skilled San Jose business attorney to protect your business, property or estate, or guide you in a business transaction, call The Freed Law Firm at (831) 661-0300 or (408) 354-7403 for a consultation today! You can also use our easy, simple contact form to submit your information.
CONTACT US TODAY
– Mark-Eric Jones CEO, Leman Micro Devices SA READ MORE
– John Stone VP of Product Management, Aerospace Software Company READ MORE
– Testimonial of Jerry Garrett Managing Director, Convergent Systems Limited READ MORE
– Chids Mahadevan CPA, Senior Vice President, NYC-based software company READ MORE
– Ronald D. Miller Jr. CFO and Director Baydel North America, Inc. READ MORE